Control Rosacea Symptoms
ENJOY HEALTHIER LOOKING & FEELING SKIN
A WORD ABOUT PROSACEA®
PROSACEA Gel is an effective topical medication for treatment of rosacea symptoms. The moisture-rich formula helps diminish bumps and redness while soothing and conditioning dry, irritated skin. PROSACEA contains no irritating alcohol or petroleum based ingredients. PROSACEA Gel is extremely light, applies easily, and is absorbed thoroughly by the skin with no lingering objectionable odor—you’ll hardly know it’s on. With daily use as directed, PROSACEA can help provide visible improvement of your rosacea symptoms.
WHAT IS ROSACEA?
Rosacea is a highly visible skin condition, the exact cause of which is still not fully understood, but is thought to be hereditary. Commonly, rosacea affects skin on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead, usually causing a reddened, inflamed appearance. Rosacea is generally thought to affect those with fair skin most frequently, though it can affect all skin types. Symptoms may also include acne-like bumps and visible blood vessels. Rosacea is commonly known to be aggravated by anything that causes a flushing reaction (increased blood-flow) in the skin, which could include alcohol consumption, exposure to sun or extreme temperatures, spicy foods and other irritants. The symptoms of this condition do not typically disappear if left untreated and may even progressively worsen over time. While currently there is no known cure for rosacea, symptoms are known to respond favorably to certain topical treatments.
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF ROSACEA?
Generally, rosacea progresses through three symptomatic stages:
Stage 1: In the earliest stage of rosacea, the most common symptoms can include subtle to moderate redness, stinging, burning, dryness or tightness of skin. Tiny visible blood vessels (telangiectasia) may also appear on the skin’s surface. Skin may begin to react to certain cosmetics, and may also be more reactive to temperature changes or become sensitive to certain foods.
Stage 2: As the condition progresses, redness becomes more persistent. Larger areas of the face may become affected. The formation of papules (red bumps) or pustules (resembling pimples) and swelling may develop. Facial pores and sebaceous follicles may become larger and more prominent.
Stage 3: Generally, stage 3 rosacea is less common, but individuals diagnosed with this advanced stage of rosacea exhibit all characteristics of stages 1 and 2 in a more severe form. Facial features may become thicker, irregular or even exhibit gradual deformation. Affected areas of the skin become a deeper shade of red. The sebaceous glands may become extremely enlarged, contributing to further redness, inflammation, papules, pustules and swelling of facial features.
If you believe you may have rosacea, do not delay in consulting a doctor for proper diagnosis and advice.
SUGGESTIONS FOR HOW TO AVOID AND CONTROL FLARE-UPS:
Medical experts have suggested some ways to avoid aggravating symptoms which include:
1) Avoid direct sunlight as rosacea symptoms can be triggered or worsened by exposure to sunlight. When in the sun, use a mild sunscreen.
2) Avoid rubbing or scrubbing affected areas, which can irritate the skin or stimulate increased blood flow to the areas.
3) Use mild soaps, moisturizers and sunscreens and be sure to gently apply them to the face in order to avoid irritating affected areas.
4) Avoid hot drinks, spicy foods and alcoholic beverages which can cause flushing.
5) Protect your skin from extreme hot and cold conditions.
6) Avoid cosmetics, soaps, and other facial products that contain ingredients such as alcohol, menthol and fragrances.
7) Keep a log of any products, medicines, foods and/or environmental conditions that may trigger flushing episodes or symptom flare-ups in order to avoid them in the future.
8) Consult your doctor for treatment recommendations.
SOME ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS FOR OVERALL GOOD SKIN HEALTH:
1) Get adequate rest.
2) Avoid emotional stress where possible.
3) Drink adequate amounts of water daily.
4) Keep hands and face clean.
5) Keep affected areas clean and well moisturized.
6) Shampoo hair regularly using a mild antibacterial shampoo.
7) Avoid touching affected areas.
HOW CAN PROSACEA® GEL HELP?
PROSACEA contains sulphur 1x, a medically recognized homeopathic ingredient that, when used as directed, has been recognized to be effective for relief of common rosacea symptoms such as redness, bumps and dryness. PROSACEA’s non-oily formula is non-comedogenic, which means it doesn’t cause pimples and won’t clog pores. For best results, once treatment is started with PROSACEA, carefully adhere to package directions until satisfactory results are achieved or until given further advice from a doctor.